Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch Stolen During Shipment

Hi, I ordered my first Apple Watch (Series 8) and when I got the shipment, the watch had been stolen out of the Apple packaging. Since I didn’t receive it and hadn’t set it up, is there a way to track it via the IMEI or serial number? If not, is there a way to report it so that it can’t be activated and used by someone else? I’m getting reimbursed for my order but I’d like to ensure the thief can’t use it if at all possible.

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 4:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 4:19 PM

Unfortunately, there isn't. If the watch isn't activated, connected to a network and powered on, it can't be tracked and the most important part is the Find My must be enabled for it to be tracked. It really ***** someone swiped your watch, but you'll just have to forget about it and it's great you're being reimbursed.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2022 4:19 PM in response to tawny101

Unfortunately, there isn't. If the watch isn't activated, connected to a network and powered on, it can't be tracked and the most important part is the Find My must be enabled for it to be tracked. It really ***** someone swiped your watch, but you'll just have to forget about it and it's great you're being reimbursed.

Watch Stolen During Shipment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.