Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cleaning Macbook Keyboard

Hello,

I was cleaning my macbook keyboard with 70% isopropyl alcohol. I had few hard-to-remove smudges on some keys. Basically, I folded a paper towel into a triangle and dipped one corner with the alcohol. I would wipe down the keys with that one corner. It wasn't dripping wet, but it was still wet.

I'm not fully sure if I got the alcohol into the keyboard by wiping down the keys. I was just pushing down the keys to really get the smudges out. Will my MacBook be okay?

Thank you for reading my question!!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 12:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 12:33 AM

Hello,

You happened to do what is recommended by Apple for cleaning MacBooks. It's not likely that enough would have slipped through to damage anything as isopropyl alcohol has a fast evaporation rate.

Laptop computers

"To clean hard-to-remove smudges or fingerprints on the display or exterior of your Mac, you can use a cloth moistened with a 70-percent isopropyl alcohol (IPA) solution to gently wipe the display or enclosure of your Mac laptop."

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2022 12:33 AM in response to su0531

Hello,

You happened to do what is recommended by Apple for cleaning MacBooks. It's not likely that enough would have slipped through to damage anything as isopropyl alcohol has a fast evaporation rate.

Laptop computers

"To clean hard-to-remove smudges or fingerprints on the display or exterior of your Mac, you can use a cloth moistened with a 70-percent isopropyl alcohol (IPA) solution to gently wipe the display or enclosure of your Mac laptop."

I hope this helps.

Cleaning Macbook Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.