Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 4th Gen: No sound from speakers

After only 15 months my (4th gen) iPad’s speakers stopped working completely.

I have switched off Bluetooth, I have tried different apps, updated to the latest OS and eventually did an erase and install (and we ran diagnostics).

Still no sound.

Now I’m told I have to buy a new iPad. Really? Is this the quality of products and service that Apple provides?

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 3:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 3:46 AM

Do you really have an iPad4 - or perhaps, somewhat differently, an iPad Air4 or iPad mini4?

Not sure which iPad you have? Identify your iPad model.

The iPad4 is long-ago obsolete. The iPad4 was released 2012, discontinued 2014 - with end of support 2017. As such, if this is your iPad, then you have been given accurate information as to its support status.

The iPad mini4 was released 2015, discontinued 2019 - but remains in support; the Air4 released in 2020 also remains in support.

Depending upon your region/country, in addition to Apple’s one year AppleCare Warranty, you may have a longer warranty. For example, if you are within an EU Member State, you have at least a two year warranty. Should your iPad have a fault, you should initially approach the retailer from where it was purchased.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2022 3:46 AM in response to Pflombard

Do you really have an iPad4 - or perhaps, somewhat differently, an iPad Air4 or iPad mini4?

Not sure which iPad you have? Identify your iPad model.

The iPad4 is long-ago obsolete. The iPad4 was released 2012, discontinued 2014 - with end of support 2017. As such, if this is your iPad, then you have been given accurate information as to its support status.

The iPad mini4 was released 2015, discontinued 2019 - but remains in support; the Air4 released in 2020 also remains in support.

Depending upon your region/country, in addition to Apple’s one year AppleCare Warranty, you may have a longer warranty. For example, if you are within an EU Member State, you have at least a two year warranty. Should your iPad have a fault, you should initially approach the retailer from where it was purchased.

iPad 4th Gen: No sound from speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.