Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There are little squares across my picture

Hi

I am seeing little squares across my sign in/welcome picture. At first it was 2 squares, recently I performed the update and now there are 4 squares. How do I get rid of it?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 9:15 AM

shemaiah240 wrote:

Hi
I am seeing little squares across my sign in/welcome picture. At first it was 2 squares, recently I performed the update and now there are 4 squares. How do I get rid of it?

Thank you!

—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

5 replies

Nov 21, 2022 5:15 PM in response to HWTech

No it doesn't because it can't. You know when you turn on your laptop and it says log in and there a icon or your picture. Well after I log in I don't see the picture of myself/icon anymore because I'm logged in. I hope that makes more sense.

So the problem is that The squares are on the icon/mypicture when I startup the laptop. The squares go across the icon/mypicture....like across my face.

Nov 21, 2022 7:20 PM in response to shemaiah240

Go to the Users & Groups System Preferences/Settings app to see if the icon still shows the problem.

What is the exact model of this Mac and version of macOS? You can get this information by clicking the Apple menu and selecting "About This Mac". If this is an Intel Mac, then is Filevault enabled?

Has this icon/picture displayed properly before this? If so, what has recently changed on your Mac? Did you install a macOS update patch? Or upgraded macOS to a new major version when this issue occurred?

Is this a custom picture icon for login or one of the macOS defaults provided by macOS? If it is a custom picture or icon you created or downloaded, then it sounds like it may be an incompatible picture format. I'm not sure what picture format macOS prefers for a login icon.

There are little squares across my picture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.