Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I turn on do not disturb without setting a schedule?

My schedule changes daily so scheduling do not disturb time is not helpful. Is there a way for me to turn it on/off as I need to without setting a schedule or location?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 9:27 AM

ktwk ~ Yes, here are a couple of ways:

Say: "Hey Siri, Turn do not disturb on."

And: "Hey Siri, Turn do not disturb off."

Also, Control Center requires FIVE actions (swipes/taps) to change Do Not Disturb mode. But with a simple custom shortcut on your Home screen, you can reduce it to just ONE tap to toggle the mode On/Off. If you're interested, choose one of the icons shown below and a name for the icon, and I'll send you the iCloud link:

And here's the simple shortcut which hides behind those icons:

Shortcuts User Guide for iPhone and iPad

Shortcuts User Guide for Mac

õ¿õ¬

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2022 9:27 AM in response to ktwk007

ktwk ~ Yes, here are a couple of ways:

Say: "Hey Siri, Turn do not disturb on."

And: "Hey Siri, Turn do not disturb off."

Also, Control Center requires FIVE actions (swipes/taps) to change Do Not Disturb mode. But with a simple custom shortcut on your Home screen, you can reduce it to just ONE tap to toggle the mode On/Off. If you're interested, choose one of the icons shown below and a name for the icon, and I'll send you the iCloud link:

And here's the simple shortcut which hides behind those icons:

Shortcuts User Guide for iPhone and iPad

Shortcuts User Guide for Mac

õ¿õ¬

Can I turn on do not disturb without setting a schedule?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.