Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 16.1.1. update screwed up my photos/wallpaper settings

I'm still stumbling across iphone changes after the 16.1.1. update. In photos, I used to be able to set a different photo or image as individual background, and set a different photo image as the home screen. Now, I choose a photo, and it gives me the option of "Set as Wallpaper Pair" (which I don't care for) or "Customize home screen". I liked the simpler, previous way. Are there any options or workarounds?

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 9:42 AM

1 reply

Nov 23, 2022 10:21 AM in response to ScreenLono

Hi ScreenLono,

Here's the best information on how to customize your wallpaper:

1. In the Settings app, tap Wallpaper.
2. Tap Add New Wallpaper.
3. Tap Photos, People, or Photo Shuffle to choose your own photo. You can also select a wallpaper from a category like Weather & Astronomy, Emoji, Collections, or Color.
4. If you want, you can customize your wallpaper further. Then tap Add.

You can read the full resource here: Change the wallpaper on your iPhone - Apple Support

If the feature doesn't work how you like or believe it should we'd encourage you to leave feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Take care.

ios 16.1.1. update screwed up my photos/wallpaper settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.