Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What are the Serial Nos for Vintage iPad

I wonder are the Old iPad 1 are Vintage - what are the serial nos that are considered as Vintage?

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 8:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 9:14 PM

You can identify your model from Apple's list in Identify your iPad model. The 1st generation iPad can be identified by:

• Model number (on the back cover):
  • A1219 on the iPad (Wi-Fi)
  • A1337 on the iPad (Wi-Fi + 3G)

This generation of iPad is more than vintage - it was obsolete quite some time ago.

7 replies

Nov 22, 2022 11:12 AM in response to Kenu

The original battery in that iPad is on borrowed time.

All batteries degrade and fail over time and after 12 years, the battery in that iPad model will fail sometime in the future, depending on how much use this iPad has endured over its over 12-1/2 year period of life.

Whatever installed apps that are still on this over 12-year old iPad may still work. Some will not.

Any third party drawing, sketching, painting, notes and text/word processing apps may stil work.

Some games may still work.

I own one of these with lots of older apps on them and many still work as they should when they were last released.

But even I know this iPad is working on borrowed time.

Any Web browsers installed on this very old iPad are, also, too old and are not secure enough to be trusted and safe to use on today's more modern Internet.

Many Websites you cannot even enter because ithe site will tell you the browser agent is too old.

I can't even access the YouTube Website from any of old third party Web browsers, so watching online videos are out, as well!

I believe NO email services will no longer work with this iPad.

So, email communication and Web/Internet browsing/surfing is no longer an everyday function of this iPad, any longer!

This old iPad can no longer access Apple's iTunes store, so no way to purchase music or rent or purchase TV shows, videos or movies any longer for this iPad.

Also, there is little point to storing purchased videos amd movies on such low storage devices. Movie and video rentals only temporarily remain on any iOS device, but none of that is no longer possible.

My old version of Pandora Radio still works, amazingly enough, but if you do not have this app on this old device, already, then it will be impossible to get.

My old version of DropBox, “cloud” offsite data storage still is accessible on this very old iPad, but, sadly, my old Google Drive app no longer works and will NOT even let me attempt to login to my Google drive account.

Many Internet connected-based services apps may no longer work, either.

If you ripped your own music from CDs to iTunes, then getting music onto this old device maybe still possible.

Same with any videos saved to iTunes that can be sync'd to this device, if still possible,and use this iPad for music and some limited video content.

You could still store photos/images on this device and use iOS 5 Digital Photo frame feature

You could still use the built-in Notes app and, if your iPad has these, the old versions of Pages, Numbers and Keynote.

If that iPad doesn't have a lot of still wotking apps ( that don't need an Internet connection to a service to work ), I am afraid that iPad will be of limited use, especially now moving toward the end of 2022 and into 2023.

There are a lot of things this iPad simply will no longer do.

Plus, it is 12-1/2-years later, iPads and iOS/iPadOS have come a long way in that span of time.

Do what you will

What are the Serial Nos for Vintage iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.