Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do I find my iPhone's recovery key?

Where do I find my recovery key? The message says, “you can use your recovery key” but I don’t remember making one. I’ve looked in my settings and can’t find anything about it.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 9:03 PM

Recovery key is optional.

This article explains how it’s done:

How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support

CAUTION: Generating a recovery key inhibits Apple account recovery service.

You are solely responsible for maintaining your credentials; if you loose them for whatever reason, your account will become permanently inaccessible to you.

Use with caution, and I’d suggest ONLY if you have a fairly mature disaster recovery plan in-place.

i.e. if a regional natural disaster were to carry-away ALL of your trusted devices and home and office paperwork …

… can you STILL get yourself back into all your accounts starting with ONLY your memory and a browser ???

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2022 9:03 PM in response to Itsjustme1993

Recovery key is optional.

This article explains how it’s done:

How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support

CAUTION: Generating a recovery key inhibits Apple account recovery service.

You are solely responsible for maintaining your credentials; if you loose them for whatever reason, your account will become permanently inaccessible to you.

Use with caution, and I’d suggest ONLY if you have a fairly mature disaster recovery plan in-place.

i.e. if a regional natural disaster were to carry-away ALL of your trusted devices and home and office paperwork …

… can you STILL get yourself back into all your accounts starting with ONLY your memory and a browser ???

Where do I find my iPhone's recovery key?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.