Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blue Outline Appears In Either Preview Or Left Column Of Apps

When I try to invoke Quick Look in Finder by selecting a file and pressing the space bar, I'm getting a blue outline around the Finder window.

The same thing happens when I try to rename a Font Book Collection. I'll double click in the collection to allow me to change its name, but when I press the spacebar no space is added. I get the same blue outline in the left column.

How do I turn this off?

iMac 27″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 9:15 AM

5 replies

Nov 22, 2022 9:23 AM in response to Dechris_mode

Dechris_mode wrote:

When I try to invoke Quick Look in Finder by selecting a file and pressing the space bar, I'm getting a blue outline around the Finder window.

The same thing happens when I try to rename a Font Book Collection. I'll double click in the collection to allow me to change its name, but when I press the spacebar no space is added. I get the same blue outline in the left column.

How do I turn this off?

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/b5cb1181-5ebe-47ef-8526-d895e5b17d52

Sounds like a Accessibility feature got turned on...

>System Settings>Accessibility

try Keyboards, and see if Full Keyboard Access is enabled

Use the Accessibility Shortcuts panel on Mac - Apple Support

Get started with accessibility features on Mac - Apple Support

Blue Outline Appears In Either Preview Or Left Column Of Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.