Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No SIM detected repeatedly after updating ios to 15.7.1, 16.1.1

My iphone 12 pro has been working flawlessly until recently when I updated to ios 15.7.1 at which point periodically the phone reports "No SIM detected" but the physical SIM is in place.

To clear the issue:

1. Power off the phone and power back on. After this method the SIM gets detected and the service is usable but randomly it will happen again. Sometimes right away, sometimes maybe in an hour or two. I've had to do this as a temp workaround but this is very frustrating.
  2. Second thing I tried was to manually remove the SIM from the socket and push it back in. This doesn't seem to fully clear the problem as it comes back again.
  3. I then tried to update to 16.1.1 and the problem still exists.

I've searched the internet but have yet found a way to fix the issue permanently nor does Apple have any bug fixe released for this issue. I don't understand how Apple can launch such a release with such very basic bug in place. Please help or is there a way to revert to older release like 15.5 or 15.6???

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 2:00 PM

Second thing I tried was to manually remove the SIM from the socket and push it back in. This doesn't seem to fully clear the problem as it comes back again.

Try this -> contact your carrier, maybe the SIM card is damaged, ask for a replaced (new) card. Normally it is free.

Also ask to check if the SIM tray is bent, as even a tiny misalignment can cause the SIM card to not fully connect with the internal contacts in your iPhone.

Check also these Apple articles below:

If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad

If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Manually update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

Manually update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Update your network provider settings manually on your iPhone or iPad

Update your network provider settings manually on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

If VPN is On, turn Off VPN.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2022 2:00 PM in response to wunderbar669

Second thing I tried was to manually remove the SIM from the socket and push it back in. This doesn't seem to fully clear the problem as it comes back again.

Try this -> contact your carrier, maybe the SIM card is damaged, ask for a replaced (new) card. Normally it is free.

Also ask to check if the SIM tray is bent, as even a tiny misalignment can cause the SIM card to not fully connect with the internal contacts in your iPhone.

Check also these Apple articles below:

If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad

If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Manually update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

Manually update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Update your network provider settings manually on your iPhone or iPad

Update your network provider settings manually on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

If VPN is On, turn Off VPN.

No SIM detected repeatedly after updating ios to 15.7.1, 16.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.