Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch series 3 is not giving me cardio fitness for runs on the treadmill. It works for outdoor walks and runs. Does anyone know why?

My Apple Watch series 3 is not giving me cardio fitness for runs on the treadmill. It works for outdoor walks and runs. Does anyone know why?

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 8

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 11:17 AM

Did you choose workout type Indoor walk or Indoor run?

The following contains the words "Your Apple Watch gives you a cardio fitness estimate by measuring how hard your heart is working during an outdoor walk, run or hike."

Track your cardio fitness levels – Apple Support

If you only do indoor treadmill work it may not increment the Cardio Fitness levels in Health app, but if it does it requires time. It can take at least 24 hours of wearing your Apple Watch, followed by several workouts and passive measurements with your Apple Watch before you receive an initial estimate.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2022 11:17 AM in response to Resolve-alley

Did you choose workout type Indoor walk or Indoor run?

The following contains the words "Your Apple Watch gives you a cardio fitness estimate by measuring how hard your heart is working during an outdoor walk, run or hike."

Track your cardio fitness levels – Apple Support

If you only do indoor treadmill work it may not increment the Cardio Fitness levels in Health app, but if it does it requires time. It can take at least 24 hours of wearing your Apple Watch, followed by several workouts and passive measurements with your Apple Watch before you receive an initial estimate.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.