Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Print facility no longer available in Pages or Numbers documents

Following recent updates to my iPad, I no longer have a print option in the menu when trying to print a Pages or Numbers document. I have now updated to iOS 16.1.1 in the hope it has been fixed, but it hasn’t.

I dare not update my iPhone as the only way I can print these documents is to send them to my phone, and print from my phone.

Apps from cannon ( printer manufacture) can no longer detect any Pages or Number's files.

I can still print Microsoft documents, PDF, photos etc. although not easily as the printer controls from iPad are no longer working correctly.

I have had several conversations with Apple support, and they tend to fob me off.

Please does anyone have any ideas.

Carl

iPad Pro, 16

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 9:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 2:25 AM

You’re a star picas - thank you.

Thats solved the new concern with iOS 16. Now I just have my original problem which occurred when I updated to 15.7 where the iPad is giving the wrong commands to the printer for which I think I do have to wait for an update to fix it. At least that’s what Apple have told me.

thanks again

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2022 2:25 AM in response to picas

You’re a star picas - thank you.

Thats solved the new concern with iOS 16. Now I just have my original problem which occurred when I updated to 15.7 where the iPad is giving the wrong commands to the printer for which I think I do have to wait for an update to fix it. At least that’s what Apple have told me.

thanks again

Print facility no longer available in Pages or Numbers documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.