Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best remote software for remote control of imac

I visit my family every May and would like to be able to control my imac for email and other items Is there a simple way to do this that actually works?

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 5:13 PM

You can get an Apple Remote Desktop iPad App.

Apple Remote Desktop User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

9 replies

Nov 22, 2022 3:17 PM in response to John Hough

If you are using the email from your internet service provider, it may not work once you are out of their network/your plan. You are paying them to provide you with internet access in your home, not somewhere else. You would need to do that remotely and that means accessing your Mac remotely. Can't turn if off so it would be on 24/7 while you are gone. Personally, I would not trust that kind of setup from miles away even though someone might think it safe.

However, if you are not using their email as part of their plan, you'd need to be using an online email provider.

It'd be easier to set up an online email provider which you will be able to access from any device anywhere (and, at home, you can set it up to route theirs through the Mail app - since that would be IMAP, the emails would wind up on every device).

Best remote software for remote control of imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.