Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 16.1.1 bugs using Apple Car Play

Am sorry to add one more bug. I am having with this update with my 2022 Toyota Corolla Hatchback. When I get a text read to me in the car and after verbally responding, when I revert back to maps (doesn’t matter if it’s Google maps or Apple maps) the map screen is blank. To get the map back, I have to unplug the phone and then plug it back in. Also, the bug prevents me from using the car controls for making and taking calls even though I have rebooted everything.

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 10:54 AM

1 reply

Nov 23, 2022 7:22 PM in response to goanna04606

Hello goanna04606,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. How are you connecting to CarPlay with your iPhone? Are you using a USB cord or connecting wirelessly? Does your car support both options, and if so, does the issue persist with both connections?

We have some great steps available that will possibly resolve the issue. Please complete all the steps listed here:

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

IOS 16.1.1 bugs using Apple Car Play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.