Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No option to change password for email on iphone 12 ?? HELP!

Settings: Mail: Accounts: Here I have 4 email accounts that I access using the email icon on my iphone 12 - Work1, Work2, Yahoo, Gmail. Previously, and in all the advice I see here & online, the steps to follow when I change one of those passwords is to go to Settings: Mail: Accounts: then choose the account (in this case, Gmail & Work2), and update the password. There may have been one additional step where after clicking the chosen account (Work1), I again click Account at the top of the screen: Account me@work1.com > and then change/update the password -- but now there IS NO PASSWORD OPTION!?? Clicking Account that second time takes me to a screen with only Email: me@work1.com and Description: Work1 and Advanced Settings > but even Advanced Settings has no password option!? It only has Use SSL (on or off) & Move Discarded Messages Into: (Deleted Mailbox or Archive Mailbox) & Drafts - Store Drafts on Server (on or off) and S/MIME with 2 options for Sign (No) or Encrypt by Default (No). WHERE IS THE PASSWORD????? I had to change one of my work email passwords & out of regular caution, I changed my Gmail & Yahoo passwords as well (all done on my laptop). Now, I cannot get any email for these accounts on my phone. I knew I would need to update the password on my iPhone 12 and my iPad, but never before has there been NO PASSWORD option to edit, change, etc., in Settings: Mail: Account. Please help! Other Q&As seem to think that people have separate icons like Gmail on their phones, but no one does that - everyone uses the MAIL feature. Help!

iPhone 12

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 7:42 AM

Hi tjwarder,

Thanks for posting here in Apple Support Communities. You can try removing the accounts and setting it up again with the correct password since the steps you've already tried aren't working. See: Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

How to set up your email account automatically
If you use an email provider like iCloud, Google, or Yahoo, Mail can automatically set up your email account with just your email address and password. Here's how:
1. Go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts.
iPhone showing how to set up email account automatically
2. Tap Add Account, then select your email provider.
3. Enter your email address and password.
4. If you see Next, tap Next and wait for Mail to verify your account.
5. If you see Save, tap Save.

Your email should work as expected after following those steps.

Kind regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2022 7:42 AM in response to tjwarder

Hi tjwarder,

Thanks for posting here in Apple Support Communities. You can try removing the accounts and setting it up again with the correct password since the steps you've already tried aren't working. See: Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

How to set up your email account automatically
If you use an email provider like iCloud, Google, or Yahoo, Mail can automatically set up your email account with just your email address and password. Here's how:
1. Go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts.
iPhone showing how to set up email account automatically
2. Tap Add Account, then select your email provider.
3. Enter your email address and password.
4. If you see Next, tap Next and wait for Mail to verify your account.
5. If you see Save, tap Save.

Your email should work as expected after following those steps.

Kind regards.

No option to change password for email on iphone 12 ?? HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.