Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search on iPhone with Safari goes redirected to Google

safari is redirected by Google every time. I don’t want to use google. Want to use safari google has too many adds! Do I have to use google because of email address? How can I fix it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 3:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 5:35 PM

Can you explain a little better what you are doing. Safari is a browser What are you trying to do that you are getting Google? Google is a search engine. You can check Settings>Safari to see what search engine you are set to for default, but Safari is not a search engine, so you cannot use Safari as a search engine. So, if you are typing something into Safari to search, then you are going to be directed to Google if you are expecting to get the results from a search. There are other selections for a search engine, but Safari is not redirected to Google.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2022 5:35 PM in response to Shadydaydy

Can you explain a little better what you are doing. Safari is a browser What are you trying to do that you are getting Google? Google is a search engine. You can check Settings>Safari to see what search engine you are set to for default, but Safari is not a search engine, so you cannot use Safari as a search engine. So, if you are typing something into Safari to search, then you are going to be directed to Google if you are expecting to get the results from a search. There are other selections for a search engine, but Safari is not redirected to Google.

Search on iPhone with Safari goes redirected to Google

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.