Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

previous owners name still on purchased Mac after a. year. Is my personal a data jeopardized?

I bought a used Mac roughly a year ago. I was told the previous owner (my buddies ex) had erased all her data. Later after getting home and digging into it. I. seen her name still appeared. I contacted them and informed them. They. said she followed all the directions etc.. But she. would check into it and handle immediately once they got home. That turned into once she got to work where she has an Apple device to use, "because its so much simpler to do on an Apple devise." DOES SHE. HAVE. ACCESS TO ALL MY DATA AT WILL & WHAT CAN I DO?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 8:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 9:57 AM

itsApple909 wrote:

I bought a used Mac roughly a year ago. I was told the previous owner (my buddies ex) had erased all her data. Later after getting home and digging into it. I. seen her name still appeared. I contacted them and informed them. They. said she followed all the directions etc.. But she. would check into it and handle immediately once they got home. That turned into once she got to work where she has an Apple device to use, "because its so much simpler to do on an Apple devise." DOES SHE. HAVE. ACCESS TO ALL MY DATA AT WILL & WHAT CAN I DO?

It does not sound like it was properly prepared...

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2022 9:57 AM in response to itsApple909

itsApple909 wrote:

It does not sound like it was properly prepared...

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac

previous owners name still on purchased Mac after a. year. Is my personal a data jeopardized?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.