Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can iCloud Files Sync with my Windows 11 Laptop?

I am running a new Windows 11 Dell laptop with iCloud for Windows installed (from the Microsoft Store). I have an iCloud account with added storage and use it for file access. Can iCloud Files sync with my laptop hard drive so I can access files on my laptop locally in addition to access at iCloud.com?

Windows

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 9:55 AM

Yes. If you have installed iCloud for Windows, you should see an iCloud Drive folder in Windows Explorer where any files stored will be synced to iCloud.com and be available on your computer.

click here ➜ View, add, or remove iCloud Drive files in iCloud for Windows - Apple Support

7 replies

Nov 23, 2022 1:25 PM in response to WalterJ9

No, it should sync both ways. Are you logged in with the same Apple ID for the iCloud for Windows applications as the one you are using to access iCloud.com

If you click on the iCloud for Windows icon on the Windows task bar, does it say its syncing?

What happens if you copy a file into the iCloud Drive folder in Windows explorer? Does it appear on iCloud.com?

Nov 23, 2022 6:42 PM in response to Phil0124

Yes, I am logged into iCloud for Windows with my Apple ID for iCloud. I am not getting any indication that it is syncing. I did save a file to iCloud directory on my PC earlier today as a test to see if it will be copied to iCloud and it is not appearing in iCloud.com. Perhaps it is an issue that this new laptop is not "authorized" in iTunes. I tried to do that, however, my 5 computer limit is active. Or perhaps I am running the wrong version of iCloud for Windows. Is it best to download iCloud for Windows from Microsoft store or Apple? Do you know if they are the same revision and functionality.

Is is interesting that the User Guide for iCloud for Windows does not say anything about how files sync or even if the software and storage does that. So thank you so much for your help on this!

Nov 24, 2022 12:43 PM in response to WalterJ9

WalterJ9 wrote:

Yes, I am logged into iCloud for Windows with my Apple ID for iCloud. I am not getting any indication that it is syncing. I did save a file to iCloud directory on my PC earlier today as a test to see if it will be copied to iCloud and it is not appearing in iCloud.com. Perhaps it is an issue that this new laptop is not "authorized" in iTunes.

iTunes authorizations only apply for iTunes purchases. They have nothing to do with iCloud.

Or perhaps I am running the wrong version of iCloud for Windows. Is it best to download iCloud for Windows from Microsoft store or Apple?

Apple no longer has any way to download iCloud for Windows from their website. The only place to download it, is the Microsoft Store. That is the correct and most up to date version.

Do you know if they are the same revision and functionality.

It's the one and only version.

Is is interesting that the User Guide for iCloud for Windows does not say anything about how files sync or even if the software and storage does that. So thank you so much for your help on this!

The sync should happen automatically. That's why it mentions nothing. There shouldn't be anything you need to do for the sync to happen.

Have you tried logging out of your Apple ID on the iCloud for Windows app, and then logging in again to try to refresh the connection?

Can iCloud Files Sync with my Windows 11 Laptop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.