Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Battery icon is now half shaded

I have iphone 13 pro max and after I updated to 16.1.1,the battery icon in the upper right corner is now half shaded and half white.Before it was all white.Anyone have any thoughts ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 1:05 PM

That makes sense but for example if I have 53% left on my battery,the 5 is in white area and the 3 is shaded.Maybe its a phone issue...not sure.

6 replies

Nov 23, 2022 1:27 PM in response to Tricknsensp

It's not a phone issue, it is how it is designed and I see the same thing on mine.

A little history if my memory is correct: when iPhones with the "notch" at the top of the screen were first introduced (iPhone X), there was less space available; before the iPhone X you could display both a battery icon (with shading to indicate charge level) and a battery % beside it. The option to display the % was removed when the iPhone X was released as there wasn't space for it. Numerous complaints followed, asking for the % back. When iOS 16 was released, you could display the % numbers inside the battery icon but if you did, you didn't also get the shading (i.e., numbers OR shading). When 16.1 was released, if you elected to display the numbers it was on top of the shading (i.e., numbers with shading OR no numbers with shading).

I have an opinion about what the best option would be -- but it doesn't matter.

iPhone Battery icon is now half shaded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.