Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant purchase in app items with my apple gift card

When i tried to buy something with my ipad air in a game called brawl stars with my balance from my apple gift card, it says invalid address and it tells me to type my apple id password. When i do that, it takes me to the app store and says its suddenly going to pay with a credit card and tells up to update my info. I don’t know what’s wrong

iPad Air

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 1:42 AM

If you don't have a credit card or don't want to use a credit card, you can also use your Apple ID balance as payment method.

See -> How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card – Apple Support (UK)

When redeeming a gift card, the amount will be credited to your (1) Apple ID balance and (2) you need to set your Apple ID balance as your default payment.

(1)

See -> Check your Apple ID balance

Check your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

(2)

See -> Add a payment method to your Apple ID

Add a payment method to your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

If you update your payment method or add funds to your Apple ID balance, It would take about 1 to 3 business days in order to process.

If you're still unable to update your payment method, Contact Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2022 1:42 AM in response to Johan113l

If you don't have a credit card or don't want to use a credit card, you can also use your Apple ID balance as payment method.

See -> How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card – Apple Support (UK)

When redeeming a gift card, the amount will be credited to your (1) Apple ID balance and (2) you need to set your Apple ID balance as your default payment.

(1)

See -> Check your Apple ID balance

Check your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

(2)

See -> Add a payment method to your Apple ID

Add a payment method to your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

If you update your payment method or add funds to your Apple ID balance, It would take about 1 to 3 business days in order to process.

If you're still unable to update your payment method, Contact Apple Support.

I cant purchase in app items with my apple gift card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.