Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I have apple transfer data from one iCloud to the one I use currently?

I see that I can transfer data to google why not another apple id?

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 1:13 PM

Hello iTommie,

You would have to move data to another iCloud account directly on your device.

If you're using an iOS device like an iPhone or iPad for example, you would go to Settings > name at the top > iCloud, then turn off anything that you are currently storing in iCloud so it downloads directly to your device. Once everything is saved to the device, you can then sign out of that iCloud account, sign in to the new iCloud account and then turn the iCloud options back on for the things you want to save in iCloud.

Purchased items are always tied to whatever Apple ID they were originally downloaded with. There is no way to transfer those items. So if you have any items like music, TV shows, Movies, etc. from the iTunes Store, make sure they are downloaded directly to the device.

Apps are also tied to the Apple ID they were originally downloaded to, so anytime there is an update for any existing apps, it will have you sign in to that original Apple ID to download the update. You can also delete the apps then redownload them once you're signed in to the new Apple ID, so they get linked to that account.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2022 1:13 PM in response to iTommie

Hello iTommie,

You would have to move data to another iCloud account directly on your device.

If you're using an iOS device like an iPhone or iPad for example, you would go to Settings > name at the top > iCloud, then turn off anything that you are currently storing in iCloud so it downloads directly to your device. Once everything is saved to the device, you can then sign out of that iCloud account, sign in to the new iCloud account and then turn the iCloud options back on for the things you want to save in iCloud.

Purchased items are always tied to whatever Apple ID they were originally downloaded with. There is no way to transfer those items. So if you have any items like music, TV shows, Movies, etc. from the iTunes Store, make sure they are downloaded directly to the device.

Apps are also tied to the Apple ID they were originally downloaded to, so anytime there is an update for any existing apps, it will have you sign in to that original Apple ID to download the update. You can also delete the apps then redownload them once you're signed in to the new Apple ID, so they get linked to that account.

Cheers!

Can I have apple transfer data from one iCloud to the one I use currently?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.