Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My aol account is not receiving my mail. I deleted and reset my aol account many times I don’t know what else to so

I am having problems receiving mail

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 7:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 7:48 PM

Which error do you see on the screen when you attempt to retrieve email from your AOL account?

Are you using an AOL App-Specific password to when you set the email account up on your iPhone?

————————

AOL is now requiring App-Specific passwords to be entered instead of your normal password. This is part of their security measure. So, How does one create an App Specific password to enter for AOL email account(s)? See below:

If you've activated 2-step verification for your AOL account, you'll need to generate and use an "app password" to access AOL Mail from these apps.

1. Sign in and go to the AOL Account security page. You can do this by signing on to AOL from a computer.

2. Click Generate app password or Manage app passwords.

3. Select your app from the drop down menu and click Generate.

4. Follow the instructions below the password.

- Be sure to enter the password into your app without any spaces.

5. Click Done.

6. Use this app password and your email address to sign in to your email app.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2022 7:48 PM in response to Dlecher

Which error do you see on the screen when you attempt to retrieve email from your AOL account?

Are you using an AOL App-Specific password to when you set the email account up on your iPhone?

————————

AOL is now requiring App-Specific passwords to be entered instead of your normal password. This is part of their security measure. So, How does one create an App Specific password to enter for AOL email account(s)? See below:

If you've activated 2-step verification for your AOL account, you'll need to generate and use an "app password" to access AOL Mail from these apps.

1. Sign in and go to the AOL Account security page. You can do this by signing on to AOL from a computer.

2. Click Generate app password or Manage app passwords.

3. Select your app from the drop down menu and click Generate.

4. Follow the instructions below the password.

- Be sure to enter the password into your app without any spaces.

5. Click Done.

6. Use this app password and your email address to sign in to your email app.

Axel F.

My aol account is not receiving my mail. I deleted and reset my aol account many times I don’t know what else to so

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.