You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 11 screen having a delayed response and freezing for long peorids of time after ios 16 update

I recently updated to ios 16 a few days ago and my phone has been working fine until yesterday. Randomly, I found that my phone would respond slowly to touch and other actions (like the volume or lock screen button). It would freeze periodically and try to "catch up" to whatever actions I initiated. I have force shutdown/restarted it multiple times, which would allow it to function "normally" for like 5 mins or less before it returns to acting up again. I really don't know what could have caused this so suddenly. Does anyone have any other solutions other than force restart?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 8:06 AM

1 reply

Nov 26, 2022 10:24 AM in response to cece3101_

Hi cece3101_ ,

The following resource address what you're describing specifically, and should provide a solution: About iOS or iPadOS performance on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you have followed the steps correctly and you still have the issue, let us know if you get any specific alerts or error messages when trying, as those may help us determine what might be causing the issue.

We also recommend restarting your device and keeping it updated as those steps assure you have cleared out any minor software issues and are running the most current version.

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you still have questions, reach out to Apple Support directly, as this may require closer guidance: : Get Support

Cheers!

IPhone 11 screen having a delayed response and freezing for long peorids of time after ios 16 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.