Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I update my apps it switched to a different Apple ID

Why does it ask for password of another account even though I’m not signed into that account

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 3:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 5:10 PM

An app is permanently tied to the AppleID signed into the App Store at the original time of purchase. So to update those apps purchased with another AppleID, you must sign the current AppleID out of the App Store and sign in with the alternate AppleID. Note that you can only change that AppleID signed into the App Store once every 90 days.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2022 5:10 PM in response to Cantgetright1488

An app is permanently tied to the AppleID signed into the App Store at the original time of purchase. So to update those apps purchased with another AppleID, you must sign the current AppleID out of the App Store and sign in with the alternate AppleID. Note that you can only change that AppleID signed into the App Store once every 90 days.

Nov 25, 2022 6:27 AM in response to Michael Black

1. If they needed to log out from the current account, they'd be told to before getting prompted for the password.

2. The 90-day restriction applies to downloading previously-purchased content or some things associated with an Apple Music subscription, not just signing into the store.

(229442)

When I update my apps it switched to a different Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.