Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can a message to a group be deleted

Can a message to a group be permanently deleted to the group?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 5:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 5:40 PM

Yes. I think what you are referring to is you want to Undo Send a message.

Here’s how: if all members in the group use iPhones, then what you can do is long press the message you would like to unsend, and click Undo Send. However, it will only be unsent to those on iOS 16 or later.

If not everyone in the group uses iPhones, unfortunately, you cannot unsend the message as Undo Send is only a feature on iPhone.

If you’re not sure if everyone in the group uses iPhones, you can look at the color of the bubbles you send. If they are blue, everyone has iPhones. If they are green, not everyone does.

I hope I answered your question well!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2022 5:40 PM in response to cbandet1

Yes. I think what you are referring to is you want to Undo Send a message.

Here’s how: if all members in the group use iPhones, then what you can do is long press the message you would like to unsend, and click Undo Send. However, it will only be unsent to those on iOS 16 or later.

If not everyone in the group uses iPhones, unfortunately, you cannot unsend the message as Undo Send is only a feature on iPhone.

If you’re not sure if everyone in the group uses iPhones, you can look at the color of the bubbles you send. If they are blue, everyone has iPhones. If they are green, not everyone does.

I hope I answered your question well!

Can a message to a group be deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.