Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need Browser for OS Mountain Lion 10.8.5

Where can I download an older browser to work with Mountain Lion 10.8.5?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 6:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 9:08 PM

Hi yoopergal78 -

I'm sorry to hear your stress over this. Using this document, How to download macOS - Apple Support, you can download OS X El Capitan first, and if your Mac supports it, also macOS Catalina.

Then, all modern web browsers will be compatible.

Jack

4 replies

Nov 26, 2022 6:17 AM in response to Ronasara

I sure wish it were that easy. I’ve been working on this for over a week! I’ve googled everything. The only OS that will load on it is Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and I have to update in the proper order. My understanding after hours of research is that I need ElCapitan first than on to Catalina. I’m heading a brickwall. I cannot find a way to download any older systems. It definitely won’t download from the laptop I’m working on as the browsers won’t work with the OS and I can’t get to a download for anything that will work. It’s been an awful cycle. The laptop worked absolutely fine before I wiped it to sell it. Even had it all setup when we discovered the Safari browser would not work on the OS. I’m really mad that Apple puts these brick walls in place.

Need Browser for OS Mountain Lion 10.8.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.