Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook keeps crashing after a few minutes of use

Hello,

Recently my macbook air mid 2012 with catalina has been acting weird. It started by freezing for a few seconds with the spinning wheel cursor. And it would do this repeatedly. To clarify, when it wasn’t randomly freezing it would still operate at normal speed.

As the week went on it got worse. These freezing episodes would last even longer and become even more common.

Now, just a few minutes after turning on the computer, it freezes just once and then crashes. No matter how light or heavy the computer’s task was at the time. After crashing, the computer tries to restart and it gets stuck in a white screen until I manually restart it.

Disk utilty says the disk is in good shape although it does show some unresolved errors. Activity monitor wouldn’t show anything out of the ordinary before crashing but Console would log many events from diskarbitrationd and delete just before crashing.

One last anomaly I noticed is that if i try and plug in an external drive, it would eject it after a few seconds. Eject as in not the proper way.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 2:09 AM

Hello!

I recommend you use macOS Recovery to reinstall the Mac operating system without erasing the startup disk. This process shouldn't erase any user data.

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Jack

Similar questions

7 replies

Macbook keeps crashing after a few minutes of use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.