Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My credit card fails in the App Store

When I try to download an app, it says to put in my password so I do, and when I do that, it takes me to a screen saying my card is failed even though the app is free.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 8:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 11:03 AM

Tap Continue and sign in to view your billing information.

To verify / view your payment information uou need to -> Sign in to your Apple ID account page and edit / update your Apple ID details -> https://appleid.apple.com                                                     

On the Sidebar click Payment methods -> then tap Payments Methods and tap Manage payment method.

Or -> Add a payment method to your Apple ID

Add a payment method to your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

• If you want to change your card, add first the new card, then remove the old one.
  • or if you use your Apple ID balance, set your Apple ID balance as your default payment.

See also -> Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

You can also use your Apple ID balance as payment method: Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

If you update your payment method or add funds to your Apple ID balance, It would take about 1 to 3 business days in order to process.

If you're still unable to update your payment method, Contact Apple Support.

Additional:

Try to optimize the range of the mobile network, see this Apple article:

If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad

If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Low Power Mode is On.

Charge the iPhone & wait until the battery is fully charged (100%).

The Low Power Mode will turned off automatically.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2022 11:03 AM in response to jaicee257

Tap Continue and sign in to view your billing information.

To verify / view your payment information uou need to -> Sign in to your Apple ID account page and edit / update your Apple ID details -> https://appleid.apple.com                                                     

On the Sidebar click Payment methods -> then tap Payments Methods and tap Manage payment method.

Or -> Add a payment method to your Apple ID

Add a payment method to your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

• If you want to change your card, add first the new card, then remove the old one.
  • or if you use your Apple ID balance, set your Apple ID balance as your default payment.

See also -> Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

You can also use your Apple ID balance as payment method: Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

If you update your payment method or add funds to your Apple ID balance, It would take about 1 to 3 business days in order to process.

If you're still unable to update your payment method, Contact Apple Support.

Additional:

Try to optimize the range of the mobile network, see this Apple article:

If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad

If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Low Power Mode is On.

Charge the iPhone & wait until the battery is fully charged (100%).

The Low Power Mode will turned off automatically.

Nov 26, 2022 10:29 PM in response to jaicee257

You usually need a payment method -

Unless you have a NONE option in the payment methods listed in your account details, you usually need to have added a valid payment method to your account. Even to re-download or update apps and for free apps.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13; Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.1; HomePods, audioOS 16.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

My credit card fails in the App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.