Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I view an app specific password?

The AppleID website does not provide a way of viewing app-specific

passwords. In ryane77's answer to Bellios he says:

1. ' ...Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
  2. In the Security section, click Edit.
  3. In the App Specific Passwords section, click View History.'

But there is no 'click Edit'. All that's there is a list of devices and phone numbers. In OSX Monterey anyhow. Why is this app specific password business so complicated, such a mess? it's a real headache.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 2:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 3:59 AM

It is actually very simple IMHO

1 - Log into My Apple ID and go to section for Create App Specific Passwords

2 - Second pop up window appears and type away using the required alpha numeric combinations and length of number and letters

3 - Copy and Paste the chosen password to a Safe Place outside to the Apple ID website

4 - At least that is how I have used it in the past when I used to use Third Party Application requiring this feature ( which I have stopped doing for about 3 years now )

refer to 2 images below

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2022 3:59 AM in response to MacBotswana88

It is actually very simple IMHO

1 - Log into My Apple ID and go to section for Create App Specific Passwords

2 - Second pop up window appears and type away using the required alpha numeric combinations and length of number and letters

3 - Copy and Paste the chosen password to a Safe Place outside to the Apple ID website

4 - At least that is how I have used it in the past when I used to use Third Party Application requiring this feature ( which I have stopped doing for about 3 years now )

refer to 2 images below

How can I view an app specific password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.