Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDMI adapter issue after 16.1.1

After doing the 16.1.1 update I don’t get any audio from my iPad to the TV only video. I’ve tried on different TVs and a different iPad with 16.1.1 on it. Any idea what’s going on? The day before the update it worked fine.

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 11:54 AM

9 replies

Nov 28, 2022 2:09 PM in response to PZZOLO

Hi PZZOLO,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities! Since you're unable to hear audio after the update, we suggest restarting your iPad as simple restart can fix many issues:

1. "Press and hold the top button until the power off slider appears.

2. Drag the slider, then wait for 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.

3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the top button until you see the Apple logo."

-Restart your iPad - Apple Support

If it continues after restarting, try using another cable. You can also check to see if your TV is compatible with AirPlay to stream without a physical connection: Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Cheers!

Nov 28, 2022 5:01 PM in response to judysings

I don’t have an Apple TV. I have a Samsung tv. The Apple box works perfectly on the TV with an HDMI cable. After I did the update to 16.1.1 my iPad no longer works properly with the HDMI adapter for the Samsung TV. No sound. The video is choppy. Other compítete work with an HDMI but any Apple product with 16.1.1 does not work with the HDMI adapter which is an apple product.

Nov 28, 2022 5:13 PM in response to judysings

I am trying to use my iPad on a Samsung TV with an apple HDMI adapter like I have for many years up until 16.1.1 there is nothing wrong with my TV or my HDMI cable as they work fine connected to other non apple products. Someone just needs to fix the problem they created with the last update. I’m not the only one I know. Android here I come. 😡😡😡😡

Dec 29, 2022 5:37 AM in response to T_Shadrick

16.2 did not fix my problem. I found that if I down load the Netflix movie that play it’s fine. But a straight stream not so much. So far I have found one children movie works but anything else freezes the phone and tv image to a screen or poster that say “playing on your Tv”. If it’s an Apple product HDMI vga adapter it should work. If these updates push me out of my normal use in everyday functions then I won’t need an Apple phone.

HDMI adapter issue after 16.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.