You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text not appearing as I type in Safari bar-browser

So, I can technically type in the browser, I just can't see it. The keyboard and the ability to type works just fine (as I am able to do this here) but I just can't see the website I am trying to type in the browser bar. Is this new? I am not sure how to change that.

Thanks!

Alicia

11/26/22

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 3:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 3:56 PM

Hello MonaAlicia,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you're able to search Safari, but can't see what's being typed in the field. Is that correct?

If we understood that accurately, let's be sure you have the latest macOS updates installed as that may improve your experience with searching in Safari. For assistance with updating macOS, take a look at the steps below, but be sure to back up your information first: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Use Software Update

Before installing new software, it's a good idea to back up your Mac.

1. From the Apple menu  in the corner of your screen:

• Choose System Settings. Then click General in the sidebar, and Software Update on the right.

• Or choose System Preferences. Then click Software Update.

2. If Software Update finds new software, click the Update Now or Upgrade Now button to install it.

Software Update windowe

3. Enter your administrator password, if asked. During installation, your Mac might restart, and you might see a progress bar or blank screen several times.

If Software Update says that your Mac is up to date, then no new software is currently available for your Mac model. Software Update shows only updates and upgrades that are compatible with your Mac.

If you have the latest updates installed, let's see if adjusting any Safari search settings change this. Take a look at the following resource for additional information on the settings available, as well as how to adjust them: Customize searching in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Should this continue to occur, try testing both the built-in keyboard and an external keyboard if you have one available to see if you can isolate this for us.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 28, 2022 3:56 PM in response to MonaAlicia

Hello MonaAlicia,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you're able to search Safari, but can't see what's being typed in the field. Is that correct?

If we understood that accurately, let's be sure you have the latest macOS updates installed as that may improve your experience with searching in Safari. For assistance with updating macOS, take a look at the steps below, but be sure to back up your information first: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Use Software Update

Before installing new software, it's a good idea to back up your Mac.

1. From the Apple menu  in the corner of your screen:

• Choose System Settings. Then click General in the sidebar, and Software Update on the right.

• Or choose System Preferences. Then click Software Update.

2. If Software Update finds new software, click the Update Now or Upgrade Now button to install it.

Software Update windowe

3. Enter your administrator password, if asked. During installation, your Mac might restart, and you might see a progress bar or blank screen several times.

If Software Update says that your Mac is up to date, then no new software is currently available for your Mac model. Software Update shows only updates and upgrades that are compatible with your Mac.

If you have the latest updates installed, let's see if adjusting any Safari search settings change this. Take a look at the following resource for additional information on the settings available, as well as how to adjust them: Customize searching in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Should this continue to occur, try testing both the built-in keyboard and an external keyboard if you have one available to see if you can isolate this for us.

Have a great day!

Text not appearing as I type in Safari bar-browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.