Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search iTunes Store on Macbook

Hello, When I select search in Music I can only search my library and not the iTunes Store even if I select iTunes Store. When I enter text in the search field it unselects iTunes Store. Running macOS Monterey 12.6 TIA.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 8:15 AM

In the Music app menu bar, choose Music > Settings or Music > Preferences.

Then click in the search box at the top of the left sidebar and then click the iTunes Store option at the top right of the main window as shown in the example below from Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

If the 3 options don't appear at the top right of the main window, 2 things to try:

1) If the View menu in the menu bar contains "Hide Playing Next" or "Hide Lyrics" then click that item so that it changes to "Show Playing Next" or "Show Lyrics."

2) If there is a very small < at the top left of the main window (to the right of the sidebar search box), click it one or more times until there is no < there.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2022 8:15 AM in response to lcoho

In the Music app menu bar, choose Music > Settings or Music > Preferences.

Then click in the search box at the top of the left sidebar and then click the iTunes Store option at the top right of the main window as shown in the example below from Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

If the 3 options don't appear at the top right of the main window, 2 things to try:

1) If the View menu in the menu bar contains "Hide Playing Next" or "Hide Lyrics" then click that item so that it changes to "Show Playing Next" or "Show Lyrics."

2) If there is a very small < at the top left of the main window (to the right of the sidebar search box), click it one or more times until there is no < there.

Search iTunes Store on Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.