Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

xcode is stuck during installation and I am unable to stop the installation. How to force quit it?

After downloading the XCode from apple app store my Xcode installation is getting stuck for 3-4 days uptill now and I am unable to force quit the installation. Is there any way to do this.

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 6:43 AM

Have seen similar when a update to iMoves has been presented.

Although the Full Download appears to have completed , as in your image, Finder is the issue.

It appears in my case Finder was lagging behind.

Again, in my case I Power Button the computer to Off. Pause may 30 seconds and startup as normal fixed the iMovie issue

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2022 6:43 AM in response to anum_rk

Have seen similar when a update to iMoves has been presented.

Although the Full Download appears to have completed , as in your image, Finder is the issue.

It appears in my case Finder was lagging behind.

Again, in my case I Power Button the computer to Off. Pause may 30 seconds and startup as normal fixed the iMovie issue

xcode is stuck during installation and I am unable to stop the installation. How to force quit it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.