Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot send audio messages

Is there anything else I can do besides reset my phone to be able to send audio messages?

I have made sure iMessage is on, sound recognition is off, restarted several times and I still get the message cannot send audio messages at this time. This is frustrating.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 7:21 AM

1 reply

Nov 29, 2022 10:35 AM in response to 9872

Hi 9872,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities! The next step would be to check for an update. Outdated software can cause features to misbehave. These steps should help:

1. "Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
  2. Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
  3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
  4. If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one that you want to install.

The Settings app on iPhone showing options to update to iOS 15.7 or iOS 16.

5. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now."

-Update your iPhone or iPad

Updating your software may allow you to send voice messages again. If you're following the steps to send voice messages from the article Send and receive messages on iPhone, and you continue to receive this error after updating, contact Apple Support for further assistance.

Cheers!

Cannot send audio messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.