Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email on my iPad and iPhone

Neither my iPhone or iPad gets email. On my MacBook pro, everything is fine. I get a prompt saying "comcast can't retrieve mail at this time. All operating systems and my wifi are good. I can check email when I turn off wifi. Suggestions?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 10:59 AM

Hi there mikemckenzie49,

If you're unable to receive emails for a specific account on your iPhone and iPad, you'll want to try working through these steps to see if they resolve the issue for you:

There are a few things to keep in mind and check:
- When you make an iOS or iPadOS backup in iCloud or iTunes, it backs up your mail settings, but not your email. If you delete or change your email account settings, previously downloaded emails might be removed from your device.
- Make sure that your device is connected to the Internet.
- Check with your email service provider to find out if there's a service outage.
- If you can't access your email, or you can't send and receive messages with your @icloud.com email address, learn what to do.

If the issue persists, work through the remaining suggestions in this support article: If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Keeping that in mind, based on the error message you're seeing, it sounds like there may be an issue on Comcast's end. You'll want to be sure to reach out to them for more help.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2022 10:59 AM in response to mikemckenzie49

Hi there mikemckenzie49,

If you're unable to receive emails for a specific account on your iPhone and iPad, you'll want to try working through these steps to see if they resolve the issue for you:

There are a few things to keep in mind and check:
- When you make an iOS or iPadOS backup in iCloud or iTunes, it backs up your mail settings, but not your email. If you delete or change your email account settings, previously downloaded emails might be removed from your device.
- Make sure that your device is connected to the Internet.
- Check with your email service provider to find out if there's a service outage.
- If you can't access your email, or you can't send and receive messages with your @icloud.com email address, learn what to do.

If the issue persists, work through the remaining suggestions in this support article: If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Keeping that in mind, based on the error message you're seeing, it sounds like there may be an issue on Comcast's end. You'll want to be sure to reach out to them for more help.

Take care.

Email on my iPad and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.