Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone’s microphone isn’t working in few apps

why is my iPhone’s microphone not working

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 11:02 AM

Goto settings on the iPhone and select the app/s that are allowing access to the microphone. There should be an enable setting or check mark that should allow access to microphone. Such as GarageBand, iMovie and others. Do this other apps have issues with microphone, check those settings as well.

By default some third party apps will not get microphone access by default. A quick check will help determine if it’s a configurable issue or a hardware one.

If the mic works with GarageBand but not others, it’s either the config or the app needs a update.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2022 11:02 AM in response to syeda73

Goto settings on the iPhone and select the app/s that are allowing access to the microphone. There should be an enable setting or check mark that should allow access to microphone. Such as GarageBand, iMovie and others. Do this other apps have issues with microphone, check those settings as well.

By default some third party apps will not get microphone access by default. A quick check will help determine if it’s a configurable issue or a hardware one.

If the mic works with GarageBand but not others, it’s either the config or the app needs a update.

My iPhone’s microphone isn’t working in few apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.