Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What if my iPhone doesn’t have this feature to recover my recent chat that been deleted?

What if my iPhone doesn’t have this feature to recover my recent chat that been deleted?

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 12:28 PM

There is a way that you could recover the conversation and that is to restore a backup. The conversation would have to be in the backup and you would have to be including texts in your backup. This would not work if you are syncing messages with iCloud. If you sync messages with iCloud and you delete a text or a conversation, it is gone and can’t be recovered.

When you restore a backup, you overwrite the current contents of your device and you replace the contents with whatever is in the backup. If your last backup is one week old, you would lose all data saved in the past week.

Should you decide that you want to restore a backup, this will be helpful.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2022 12:28 PM in response to JazzminRose_

There is a way that you could recover the conversation and that is to restore a backup. The conversation would have to be in the backup and you would have to be including texts in your backup. This would not work if you are syncing messages with iCloud. If you sync messages with iCloud and you delete a text or a conversation, it is gone and can’t be recovered.

When you restore a backup, you overwrite the current contents of your device and you replace the contents with whatever is in the backup. If your last backup is one week old, you would lose all data saved in the past week.

Should you decide that you want to restore a backup, this will be helpful.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.