Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I easily place and reorganize icons on my home screen? They won’t float from one screen to another as they used to.

I want a simple, clean home page with most-used icons. What the heck happened at Apple that they made this basic systematizing nearly impossible? I have entered “home page ****” trying to reorder it, and now have to hunt for simple things like the Chrome app, for gosh sakes. Can anyone point me to an avenue not already answered (incorrectly, it seems) by others online? Thanks!

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 3:50 PM

You appear to have arrived here from this Apple support page:

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

Perhaps this section of the iPad User Guide will help you with organising your Apps and App folders on your Home Screens:

Organize your apps in folders on iPad - Apple Support

The process works just the same in iPadOS16 as before in iPadOS15. If having reviewed the linked resources you continue to have difficulties, try a forced-restart of your iPad - as this will often clear an isolated software issue:

Force restart iPad (models with Face ID or with Touch ID in the top button)

If your iPad doesn’t have the Home button, do the following:

1. Press and quickly release the volume button nearest to the top button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume button farthest from the top button.
  3. Press and hold the top button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the top button.

Force restart iPad (models with the Home button)

Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

If problems persist, please describe the problem in detail - if needed, providing screenshots where it may help to clarify the nature of the problem.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2022 3:50 PM in response to barbarafromeugene

You appear to have arrived here from this Apple support page:

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

Perhaps this section of the iPad User Guide will help you with organising your Apps and App folders on your Home Screens:

Organize your apps in folders on iPad - Apple Support

The process works just the same in iPadOS16 as before in iPadOS15. If having reviewed the linked resources you continue to have difficulties, try a forced-restart of your iPad - as this will often clear an isolated software issue:

Force restart iPad (models with Face ID or with Touch ID in the top button)

If your iPad doesn’t have the Home button, do the following:

1. Press and quickly release the volume button nearest to the top button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume button farthest from the top button.
  3. Press and hold the top button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the top button.

Force restart iPad (models with the Home button)

Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

If problems persist, please describe the problem in detail - if needed, providing screenshots where it may help to clarify the nature of the problem.

How can I easily place and reorganize icons on my home screen? They won’t float from one screen to another as they used to.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.