Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone XR will not send messages to androids

My iPhone XR will not send text pictures to android phones.

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 2:07 PM

Texting to a non-iPhone uses SMS and MMS messaging, which are cellular network services. First, you need to have a cellular voice connection (for SMS). You also need to have a cellular data connection to send MMS (photo) content; it can’t use Wi-Fi.

So after assuring that you can make voice calls, open Settings/Messages and turn on MMS. If you don’t see an MMS switch it means that your carrier has not enabled your phone for MMS; call their tech support and ask them to “provision” MMS on your cellular phone line.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2022 2:07 PM in response to BigBoyFoley

Texting to a non-iPhone uses SMS and MMS messaging, which are cellular network services. First, you need to have a cellular voice connection (for SMS). You also need to have a cellular data connection to send MMS (photo) content; it can’t use Wi-Fi.

So after assuring that you can make voice calls, open Settings/Messages and turn on MMS. If you don’t see an MMS switch it means that your carrier has not enabled your phone for MMS; call their tech support and ask them to “provision” MMS on your cellular phone line.

My iPhone XR will not send messages to androids

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.