Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I lock a stolen phone, I already removed it from my apple ID is it still possible to lock it?

How do I lock a stolen phone, I already removed it from my apple ID is it still possible to lock it?

iPhone 7

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 3:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 3:58 AM

The phone is “locked” anytime it requires a passcode.

Using “Lost Mode” only provides additional “recovery aids” … it doesn’t make it “more locked” security-wise.

Assuming that you had a secure passcode (known ONLY to you and not easily guessed) the data will remain secure from even sophisticated criminals.

However [unfortunately] since you’ve removed it from your AppleID, it’s no longer “YOUR” phone from an “Apple perspective” and it can be reset (completely wiping it of all onboard info) and re-used by anyone who possesses it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2022 3:58 AM in response to oneandtheuniverse

The phone is “locked” anytime it requires a passcode.

Using “Lost Mode” only provides additional “recovery aids” … it doesn’t make it “more locked” security-wise.

Assuming that you had a secure passcode (known ONLY to you and not easily guessed) the data will remain secure from even sophisticated criminals.

However [unfortunately] since you’ve removed it from your AppleID, it’s no longer “YOUR” phone from an “Apple perspective” and it can be reset (completely wiping it of all onboard info) and re-used by anyone who possesses it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.