Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Firewall bug in Macbook

MacBook issue that Apple hasn’t been able to solve since 7th November 2022

A Thread :-

I have this issue regarding firewall in my Apple MacBook M1 Max model.

My MacBook Specs:- MacBook Pro 16inch M1 Max with 32gb ram.

The issue:- I am trying to block incoming internet connection for specific applications in my system settings.

Till the point the "System Settings" app is minimised OR opened the settings stay the same.

But when I change the settings to block I.e "Block incoming connections, it keeps the option checked i.e "Block incoming connections" only till the point I close the system settings app/window(Click on the Red Cross basically).

I have been skipped 3 apple advisors from 7th Nov 2022 and I've basically done everything all the 3 advisors have told me to do, I have sent the CaptureData to apple, sent the video to apple, tried everything in safe mode, reinstalled macOS on the laptop but still, no solution.

Here's the full bug/glitch video > https://www.veed.io/view/ce61ef2a-a6e8-4341-b645-0d233ab9470b?sharingWidget=true&panel=share <

Please help.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 6:05 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 28, 2022 7:07 AM in response to Ujjwalbassi

If you are behind a Router that you control, the Router Network Address Translation alone means your Mac is not reachable form the internet, because it does not have an internet-visible address. In addition, most Routers offer state-wise firewall settings that default to 'no incoming connections' unless you change them.

Very few user have to rely on the Mac firewall.

Is you use case unique? if so, please elaborate.

Firewall bug in Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.