Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock -deleted Apple ID

my iPhone 8 was given to my little brother to play with and he’s inputted wrong passcode and managed to set it too Apple ID activation lock only …however . I have changed my Apple ID since and updated to a new email address ( therefore new Apple ID ) as previous email address no longer exsists …. But now I can’t access this device …as I don’t have previous Apple ID email .

its very frustrating as it’s a perfectly good working phone .or was !

can this be dealt with the phones previous Id should show as mine but I have no proof of purchase as it was along time ago . Please help .

iPhone 8

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 7:37 AM

For an individual to remove an activation lock typically requires the information for the account that applied the lock. Click on this link to learn 'How to remove Activation Lock' --> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Here are additional resources if you are the original owner or can find the original owner:

Help with a lost Apple ID or password:

• "If you forgot your Apple ID" [this is likely an email address you are using or used in the past] click here --> If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support

• "If you forgot your Apple ID password" click here --> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Reset device:

Apple can completely reset a device if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. This is done online at: Activation Lock support request - https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

*Apple recommends you "Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device" --> Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2022 7:37 AM in response to Nickiamgettimgtiredofapple

For an individual to remove an activation lock typically requires the information for the account that applied the lock. Click on this link to learn 'How to remove Activation Lock' --> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Here are additional resources if you are the original owner or can find the original owner:

Help with a lost Apple ID or password:

• "If you forgot your Apple ID" [this is likely an email address you are using or used in the past] click here --> If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support

• "If you forgot your Apple ID password" click here --> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Reset device:

Apple can completely reset a device if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. This is done online at: Activation Lock support request - https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

*Apple recommends you "Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device" --> Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device - Apple Support

Activation lock -deleted Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.