Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which do I use when setting up another personal email account on my iPhone

Which do I use when setting up another personal email account on my iPhone the IMP or POP ?

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 8:41 AM

8Dusty-Carver_ wrote:

Which do I use when setting up another personal email account on my iPhone the IMP or POP ?

That is a question for your email provider. Having said that, you would be better off selecting IMAP if it is an option with your provider. When you have an IMAP account, all of your actions in the email account will sync across all of your devices and that includes creating additional mailboxes within the account.

This is copied from the related article that is linked on this page in the upper left corner.

Choose IMAP or POP for your new account. If you aren’t sure which one to choose, contact your email provider.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2022 8:41 AM in response to 8Dusty-Carver_

8Dusty-Carver_ wrote:

That is a question for your email provider. Having said that, you would be better off selecting IMAP if it is an option with your provider. When you have an IMAP account, all of your actions in the email account will sync across all of your devices and that includes creating additional mailboxes within the account.

This is copied from the related article that is linked on this page in the upper left corner.

Choose IMAP or POP for your new account. If you aren’t sure which one to choose, contact your email provider.

Which do I use when setting up another personal email account on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.