Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch series 8

I thinking of buying this for my parents who have a history of heart attacks, but they do not own a cell phone. They do have a non-apple tablet would this work?

Also, do I have to pay for a subscription service?

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 9:49 AM

MichelleMadge wrote:

I thinking of buying this for my parents who have a history of heart attacks, but they do not own a cell phone. They do have a non-apple tablet would this work?

An iPhone is required to setup the Apple Watch. If you have an iPhone, you can set it up for them using Family Setup, though some of the health features and specifically the ECG and Blood Oxygen will not be available. Link-> Set up Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

No. no subscription services are required to use Apple Watch.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2022 9:49 AM in response to MichelleMadge

MichelleMadge wrote:

An iPhone is required to setup the Apple Watch. If you have an iPhone, you can set it up for them using Family Setup, though some of the health features and specifically the ECG and Blood Oxygen will not be available. Link-> Set up Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

No. no subscription services are required to use Apple Watch.

Apple watch series 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.