Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change iTunes sync from cable to wireless.

Hi.

I recently upgraded to a new Macbook air. I love it. Now I need to sync my iPhone to iTunes to transfer some music. Is there anyway to change to sync over wifi without using a cable? The new MacBook doesn't have any USB ports that fits my iPhone cable.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 11:35 AM

You can set it up to sync with Wi-Fi but you will need to have a cable in order to set it up (sorry). See the "Sync your content using Wi-Fi" section of Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Your new Mac has USB-C ports. One solution to use with your old cables is the following adapter: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

Another option if you don't need the adapter for other uses is to buy a new cable (the 1 meter long cable is the same price as the adapter above). See: Buy USB-C to Lightning Cable (2 m) - Apple

There are also 3rd party adapters available on Amazon and from other sources.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2022 11:35 AM in response to oskarfromdubai

You can set it up to sync with Wi-Fi but you will need to have a cable in order to set it up (sorry). See the "Sync your content using Wi-Fi" section of Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Your new Mac has USB-C ports. One solution to use with your old cables is the following adapter: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

Another option if you don't need the adapter for other uses is to buy a new cable (the 1 meter long cable is the same price as the adapter above). See: Buy USB-C to Lightning Cable (2 m) - Apple

There are also 3rd party adapters available on Amazon and from other sources.

Change iTunes sync from cable to wireless.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.