Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How make Apple Maps REPEAT the last spoken turn direction, without using the speaker icons?

On prior versions of Apple Maps, I could simply press the band showing the current direction above the map to repeat the voice direction given. (I'm currently using iPhone SE (2020).)

To get a direction repeated, now I Go to the speaker icons on the map itself > Click on the "speaker on" icon to get a dropdown of different speaker icons > Click to the icon with a line through it ("no voice") > Click on the "no voice" icon to get a drop down of different speaker icons > Click on the "speaker on" icon.

It seems ridiculous that I have to do things this way. Is there another way of doing a one-press repeat, or how to restore the option to just click on the direction band?

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 1:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 10:56 AM

Hi maven419, We appreciate you reaching out to us.

We strive to bring the best personal computing experience to customers around the world through our innovative hardware, software and Internet offerings. 

We welcome your feedback on our products here: Product Feedback - Apple

While this is not a direct answer to the feature that you are looking, you may be able to ask Siri to repeat the last spoken direction.

Take care!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2022 10:56 AM in response to maven419

Hi maven419, We appreciate you reaching out to us.

We strive to bring the best personal computing experience to customers around the world through our innovative hardware, software and Internet offerings. 

We welcome your feedback on our products here: Product Feedback - Apple

While this is not a direct answer to the feature that you are looking, you may be able to ask Siri to repeat the last spoken direction.

Take care!

How make Apple Maps REPEAT the last spoken turn direction, without using the speaker icons?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.