Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New mac air - word and excel freezing my computer

I have bought a new mac air and the word and excel are freezing my computer.

This is not pleasant as it took me along time to save and buy my mac, also apple used very seductive marketing about "power" speed" etc etc

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 5:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 11:16 PM

Hello!

have bought a new mac air and the word and excel are freezing my computer.

First, try in Safe Mode. Safe mode can help you to determine whether an issue is caused by software that loads as your Mac starts up: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support.

You could also test in new, test user account on your Mac and see if the issue persists: Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support.

Additionally, make sure your Mac is up-to-date: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support.

If you need more help, contact Microsoft Support.

Jack

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2022 11:16 PM in response to Mikeunwired

Hello!

have bought a new mac air and the word and excel are freezing my computer.

First, try in Safe Mode. Safe mode can help you to determine whether an issue is caused by software that loads as your Mac starts up: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support.

You could also test in new, test user account on your Mac and see if the issue persists: Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support.

Additionally, make sure your Mac is up-to-date: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support.

If you need more help, contact Microsoft Support.

Jack

Nov 28, 2022 5:56 PM in response to Mikeunwired

Mikeunwired wrote:

I have bought a new mac air and the word and excel are freezing my computer.

This is not pleasant as it took me along time to save and buy my mac, also apple used very seductive marketing about "power" speed" etc etc

Please provide some detail and context such as what model/year computer, what MacOS version, and what version Microsoft Office. Maybe you need to upgrade your Office app. Maybe you have installed third party apps that are contributing to the slowness issue.

Nov 28, 2022 6:19 PM in response to Mikeunwired

Mikeunwired Said:

"New mac air - word and excel freezing my computer: I have bought a new mac air and the word and excel are freezing my computer.: This is not pleasant as it took me along time to save and buy my mac, also apple used very seductive marketing about 'power' speed' etc etc"

-------

Contact Microsoft:

Word and Excel are Microsoft products. So, take tis up with them. Go Here: Contact Us - Virtual Agent - Microsoft Support

New mac air - word and excel freezing my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.