Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to connect apple devices iPhones to Netgear wifi extender

I have installed a wifi extender from Netgear, and my windows laptop gets connected to it, but we have 3 apple iphones which are not getting connected to this extender and it is an issue.

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 4:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 5:38 AM

Well, I do not use any wifi extender at home, but two friends of mine are using that device (not Netgear).

One of them, using a TP-Link device was able to use the WPS functions (both on the main wifi router and on the extender) and the TP-Link started working immediately. The other, using a different product (I don't remember the product's brand) had to contact the manufacturer's support team and they were able to solve his problem, which was related to the dual band (2.4 or 5 GHz) configuration on the main modem-router.

If your iPhones were able to connect to your main wifi network (before you installed the extender), I don't think the problem is coming from your iPhones.

Regards

Giulio

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2022 5:38 AM in response to sugandhaburnwal1992

Well, I do not use any wifi extender at home, but two friends of mine are using that device (not Netgear).

One of them, using a TP-Link device was able to use the WPS functions (both on the main wifi router and on the extender) and the TP-Link started working immediately. The other, using a different product (I don't remember the product's brand) had to contact the manufacturer's support team and they were able to solve his problem, which was related to the dual band (2.4 or 5 GHz) configuration on the main modem-router.

If your iPhones were able to connect to your main wifi network (before you installed the extender), I don't think the problem is coming from your iPhones.

Regards

Giulio

I am unable to connect apple devices iPhones to Netgear wifi extender

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.