Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 12 says its charging but its not

I've had my iPhone 12 for a little over a year now. Woke up this morning to see it was at 60% even though it was plugged in all night. Every time I plug it in, it shows the little lightning bolt and says its charging but the percentage keeps going down. I've blown into the charging port, used a toothpick to try and gently remove debris/dust, and tried four different chargers/outlets and one wireless charger, same thing keeps happening. I heard that maybe this was my phone telling me I needed to update, but I couldn't install the update before it died.

Since it died I've had it plugged in and it shows that a charger is connected but hasn't changed from the Low Battery screen in 4 hours. I haven't had any previous issues with charging. Does anybody have any clue what the issue is or a way I might be able to fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

iPhone 12

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 4:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 5:16 AM

Hello,

1) Start here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t turn on or is frozen

2) If it won't charge with a cable or wirelessly, it is probably not the charging port. It seems like that you have already performed the standard steps, but see this anyway:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t charge

3) I guess that you could have a defective battery. What is the health? See this:

iPhone Battery and Performance

4) If no help, have it checked: Find Locations

Good luck.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2022 5:16 AM in response to ryrymciver

Hello,

1) Start here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t turn on or is frozen

2) If it won't charge with a cable or wirelessly, it is probably not the charging port. It seems like that you have already performed the standard steps, but see this anyway:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t charge

3) I guess that you could have a defective battery. What is the health? See this:

iPhone Battery and Performance

4) If no help, have it checked: Find Locations

Good luck.

My iPhone 12 says its charging but its not

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.