Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air fan runs loudly consistently and constantly while using Safari only

This started happening a few months ago. How can I fix this?

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 5:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 5:59 PM

ronlin4 Said:

"MacBook Air fan runs loudly consistently and constantly while using Safari only: This started happening a few months ago. How can I fix this?"

-------

Troubleshooting Safari with Loud Fans:

Heat may be a bit up there, due to high power consumption. So, what to try...

Try this...

Clear your Temporary Internet Files:

First, Boot into Safe Mode and then Clear your Temporary Internet Files of Safari:

1. Booting into Safe Mode: [hold down shift upon boot until the login screen appears]. See if this is still an issue. Safe Mode lets items run as default, without changes whatsoever. That is possible because caches of your macOS are temporarily disabled while in Safe Mode
  2. Clearing your Temporary Internet Files (Cookies & Cache) of Safari: Cookies perform remembrance of certain site-entered data. Whereas Cache keeps a snapshot of the last time you visited a site.  Use this Link: Clearing History and Cache - Apple Communities
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2022 5:59 PM in response to ronlin4

ronlin4 Said:

"MacBook Air fan runs loudly consistently and constantly while using Safari only: This started happening a few months ago. How can I fix this?"

-------

Troubleshooting Safari with Loud Fans:

Heat may be a bit up there, due to high power consumption. So, what to try...

Try this...

Clear your Temporary Internet Files:

First, Boot into Safe Mode and then Clear your Temporary Internet Files of Safari:

1. Booting into Safe Mode: [hold down shift upon boot until the login screen appears]. See if this is still an issue. Safe Mode lets items run as default, without changes whatsoever. That is possible because caches of your macOS are temporarily disabled while in Safe Mode
  2. Clearing your Temporary Internet Files (Cookies & Cache) of Safari: Cookies perform remembrance of certain site-entered data. Whereas Cache keeps a snapshot of the last time you visited a site.  Use this Link: Clearing History and Cache - Apple Communities

Dec 4, 2022 10:28 AM in response to TheLittles

Hey thanks so much, what a relief, problem solved! After the safe mode step didn't help the next suggestion in your link said to make sure I was running the latest os. Even though I always had the box checked for automatic updates, I was still using Mac Big Sur OS from 2020 when I bought this MacBook. Now I have the Ventura it's running quietly like it should. Thanks for that peace of mind!

MacBook Air fan runs loudly consistently and constantly while using Safari only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.